Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

Year's end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us. ~Hal Borland



January 1st, 2009...Wow! Six months ago when I thought ahead to this day I thought it was going to be so different. I pictured holding a brand new baby in my arms while people stopped by to pay a visit to the little one. Of course, we all know that's not what I'll be doing today. But I can't be disappointed. Caleb is in Heaven and is spending New Year's Day with someone who loves him even more that I can. And while I still wish he was here, 2008 has taught me, more than ever, that we can't plan our days. They are already planned for us. All we can do is be prepared for whatever comes our way, trust in the Lord, and keep an open heart and an open mind.

No comments: